Monday, July 13, 2009

I’m back

So I am back after a multi-month absence from the blogging battlegrounds. Its probably not a bad idea to keep you all up to date on what has been happening in my corner of the world.

First off, I spent two months, actually more like 7 weeks, working on the due diligence for a potential acquirer. Being my first transactional piece, its worth a post in and of itself on what I learnt about the role difference professional services firms play in deals, but that will come later. Suffice to say for now that it was a very hard slog, long hours, high burn.

During that, I screwed up the scheduling and had to do the GMAT on a Friday in the middle of the project. With little sleep and focus, I got a disappointing 690, with most of my errors in the Maths section – a low blow as I haven’t done that badly in a maths test ever. I will be retaking it , as well as starting the essay writing process – look out for a decent set of “Road to Business School” posts coming soon.

Post the DD, I moved onto a a solo two week project for a widget maker – a nice, clean and simple business case on restructuring their sales force. Client was happy, the partner was happy and I want too overworked – good times all around.

That, apart from a bout of (non-swine) flu brings us to today. Waiting to hear on a new project, so should have some time now to polish off some posts that have been languishing in the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment